VIA LA - THE COLLABORATIVE LICENSING LEADER
In May 2023, Via Licensing and MPEG LA united to form a pool of pools - the industry's largest patent pool administrator with dozens of IP licensing programs. The newly combined Via Licensing Alliance offers economies of scale that benefit the entire global ecosystem by streamlining IP distribution for innovators with broad portfolios and implementors with diverse product offerings.
The Via Licensing Alliance team leverages decades of innovation heritage and industry best practices from two of the industry's most successful patent pools to continually advance inclusive and efficient new licensing approaches for the market.
Via LA's flexible solutions build upon the traditional patent pool model with creative new approaches that uniquely balance the needs of innovators and manufacturers of all sizes around the globe.
Some benefits of these fair, reasonable and transparent offerings include:
- Accelerate adoption of new standards and technologies
- Advance collaboration across the global ecosystem
- Protect and fuel innovation with pathways to mass market adoption
- Enable easy, efficient, affordable access to IP for manufacturers, consumers, and other users
- Deliver reasonable return on innovation and create market-friendly monetization opportunities
Via LA is an independently managed company owned by industry-leading participants with over 25 years of intellectual property licensing leadership.